03 August 2014

Why I blog

I've been thinking lately about all the things I want to accomplish. The lists are long and not only do they include must-dos like earning an income (which is essential - nothing is possible without money) but also activities that nurture my inner life and enhance my home and garden.

I started this blog so I could share the creative part of my life with you. Some readers have interpreted this to mean it is a craft blog but it's not solely that. I want it to be more.


Creativity is everywhere. It's in the way you set a table for a meal, the way you arrange flowers in a vase, the way you organise your books in a pleasing sequence, and the way you combine colours when you dress each day. Creativity is slippery to define, yet totally recognisable. It is what adds magic to my life.

No-one is one-dimensional. We are all complex people and multi-faceted and that includes me. In recognition of this, I have updated my About Me page with these words:  

"I share my thoughts on subjects that have a creative focus, as well as world events that make me ponder."   

This may be a broader perspective than you expected but I do hope you continue to find some things of interest here, even if you don't agree with everything I write.You will continue to see some regular posts such as Textiles Tuesday and also, I hope, enjoy some of the new ones. It's so rewarding to read your comments and I am grateful to all of you who take the time to leave one. Here's to our ongoing dialogue!  

3 comments:

Charlotte Scott said...

I've only found and been following your blog recently, Erica and I've enjoyed it so far. I'm sure I'll continue to, no matter how broad your focus is.

Erica Spinks said...

Welcome Charlotte and thank you! It's lovely to hear from you.

Lyn Spence said...

I enjoy your musings Erica.